Saturday, December 1, 2007

Foosball !!!!!


The Cowboys of Dallas played against the Packers of Green Bay Friday night in a highly anticipated match up. The media hyped this game up as the NFC's Match of the Century and to be honest I agreed with that assessment.


The game was great and it lived up to the hype even though Favre went out with an injury. But the game also had a few questionable calls. One of the questionable calls happened on the Cowboys first drive when Terrell Owens looked as if he got the ball stripped from Al Harris. The call on the field was that forward progress was stopped. I am a Cowboys fan and I can honestly say that my favorite squad got a call in their favor. The last call that went into question also went against the Packers on a pass interference call when Jarrett Bush tripped Miles Austin.


I watched the Boys in Bristol after the game and Sean "Penis Phone'' Salisbury said in terms that in a game this late and so close is that NFL officials should not have called a penalty on Bush. Penis Phone also said he was not happy with fact that it took a few seconds for a flag to come in and that reason was because two of the officials had to discuss if pass interference needed to be called. I could see how both sides could have argued about the call. The ball was thrown about 40 or so yards as it was obviously a deep pass and Bush did have his hand on Miles Austin. I know that there is a little bit bumping and grinding on some deep passes and sometimes not always called. I am just guessing when I make this statement but the reason pass interference got called was because Bush slowed Miles down a bit by the hands and then that ended up Austin getting tripped up but I could be wrong. I do know that in my fifteen years of being a hardcore NFL fan that I rarely have ever seen a pass interference call after a guy was tripped up on a deep pass unless it was obviously intentional this however was unintentional. I am not sure what I would have called but in the end as a Cowboys fan I am just glad we won.


Aaron Rodgers impressed the hell out of me and he played great coming in after the injury to Favre. Rodgers came in and threw for 201 yards and a touch. I wonder if the Niners are still happy with taking Alex Smith over possibly trading down and get Aaron Rodgers a few picks later. I doubt it as Alex Smith had a ton of more upside them Mr. Rodgers at the time and Smith still has a shot to be good but his injuries obviously need to stop if he wants to ever have a chance. If I lived in Cheeseheadville I think I would be comfortable to know that Mr. Rodgers could be the next gunslinger when \nNo.4 retires. It was one game I know and Rodgers still has a ton of learning to do but last night he headed the right direction.


The Tony Romo show is still fun to watch even though he had his fifth touchdown taken away from him after a weird freaky play where he had Terrell Owens open in the end zone but the ball popped out of Owens hands and went straight to a diving Al Harris. That was just weird and the bad part about it was that Al Harris was getting his ass handed to him all game by T.O, but it just happened. Owens had a 147 yards receiving and also had a touchdown for the Cowboys. If the Cowboys and Packers meet up again in the Playoffs I still think Dallas will come out ahead again as I just do not see Dallas being stopped by Green Bay at all.


Also last night on my way home from my favorite establishment Tav on the Ave I listened to Fox Sports Radio and MSNBC Columnist JT the Brick and he said that Cowboys are beatable and I do agree with that comment but only one team can beat them it is also the team that beat them already and that would be the Patriots of Massachuesetts.

No comments: